here's the thing- i don't know how to talk to people. at least people who wave a rolled up rod to get my attention in the loading dock side of our building.
"Hey, i know you couldn't hear me with the headphones on."
"Cool. So... hi."
"Hi. You're really tall."
"I know!"
"Do you play basketball?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I'm not a basketball player."
"Oh. I'm a coach of basketball so I always ask when I see tall people [girls]."
"Uhhh, cool. Um, so... like a regional league or high school or...?"
"High school."
"Cool. Ok, see ya."
Then again, do people know how to talk to me? If you start with the basketball question, my brain sorta trails off into white noise for a few minutes.
"Hey, i know you couldn't hear me with the headphones on."
"Cool. So... hi."
"Hi. You're really tall."
"I know!"
"Do you play basketball?"
"No."
"Why not?"
"I'm not a basketball player."
"Oh. I'm a coach of basketball so I always ask when I see tall people [girls]."
"Uhhh, cool. Um, so... like a regional league or high school or...?"
"High school."
"Cool. Ok, see ya."
Then again, do people know how to talk to me? If you start with the basketball question, my brain sorta trails off into white noise for a few minutes.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home