
As I sit here in the grey office with a bright red light shining from my forehead, I can hear (it's taking me a second to remember, here... fuck...) ROB THOMAS on the radio wailing away about whoever or whatever done him wrong. Or right. Or roundabout. but who the fuck cares?
This week has been full of good sleep, lots of sweet sweet much-missed sleep and my brain is doing a couple jumping jacks right this second. I think by the end of last week there was the equivalent of a goat in a hula skirt playing a banjo in my head... plucka-plucka-plucka-wheeeeeeeze.
Right! So earlier this week I met up with a girl who is looking to start up a magazine. i won't reveal the idea because that would be silly, but I assure you it's good. Since the other project sort of fell off the plate (by no fault of my own, for once), I decided to seek out new creative ventures. Thank you craigslist, oh neverending source of amusement, bewilderement, annoyance, and profit. Craigslist is life. We met for a quick coffee and went over the ideas- basically it will be a collective and she will be in contact with us next week about progressing... more to come, I hope.
As for myself, Lisa and I are going to play a show together at some point in the new year. Jamuary? The month for jam? Maybe... but I assure you I am both excited and scared- I have never ever ever played guitar for anyone except my parents and my dog, so the nerves are starting already. Don't think about it- stay in the moment- keep pace with the now- plan and prepare day by day. Don't fret. No wait, do fret! Fret lots and fret well!
Eratic thoughts on a good friday free of religious insinuations, despair, thoughts of a negative nature and including many many things of which we cannot speak.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home