a day last fall.

So i tried to spread some, i dunno, positive energy today for others since i felt like i had some to spare- and i find it pretty sad that so many people have to shit on others who simply want to, i dunno, make changes for the better instead of merely criticizing those who try? i come from a family of heavy criticism, and it's not a path that is fun to walk, nor do i wish to pass it on to others. anyway: in all its glory (original poster is in italics, my responses are in bold and the others are in red):

This isn't to anyone; this is to everyone.

Lonliness is consuming, and though I am surrounded by people all the time, I am so very alone. I suppose I've missed opportunities to really connect with people, chances at happiness. I've maintained my circle of friends, the perfect circle - but I let someone enter it, and now the circle is broken: weakened. I've become the outsider. So alone.

I see you, yes you, walking down the street smiling, laughing, complete... why are you not lonely? What is this need of mine to be with people, consistently... to always have company: yet never to embrace it. Yet even when you are beside me, I'm alone.

Millions of people in the city, thousands of whom see me walk by daily, yet none get it. None get me. None feel this lonliness. Or do you? Do you understand?

Is it too much to ask to be happy, to love and laugh for the sake of living? To want companionship, comfort and compatibility? To crave intensity, passion and longing? Where are the butterflies?

I've probably missed you, you who would give me that feeling of being. I've walked by you, or said something to turn you away from me, but know that I am still looking. Still searching for you... you who are mine.

I love you, and all I can hope is that we will one day cross paths, and that our timing will be right; our lonliness will ebb.

-------------------

i have always been a lonesome soul- i have only ever had one relationship, and that was eight years ago. though there are times of sadness and wanting company, i have learned to love being alone. to adore the time i get to have to myself, for myself, and to appreciate that i am my own best companion. i have conversations with myself in my journal, and i do things every day to keep myself centered and focused and enjoying every part of the flow of life.

try not to buy into what the marketing companies want you to want... love... the fairy tale of love... is not real. trust yourself to get you where you need to be, nobody else can do that for you.

have a good week!

-------------------

Love is real - in fact it's the only real thing there is.

It's very sad that your trust was so damaged that you are unable to trust someone enough to love again however I should point out that trust is never an issue about the other person and whether they are trustworthy it's actually about trusting yourself and your own judgement.

If you are in love will you trust yourself enough to know when to draw the line or will you give too much of yourself away. Will you trust yourself enough to share equally and think about what's fair to everyone or no - you cannot?

Trust is the cornerstone of love and if we are unable to trust ourselves to behave in appropriate ways and to maintain healthy boundaries then we will always have issues in relationships. Can you love and maintain your perspective - and cope with the responsibility of ensuring that you give your fair share and take no more from your beloved than you deserve?

-------------------

thank you, person i do not know, for judging the person i am without even knowing my name. i do trust myself, more than you will ever know, and more than i care or feel the need to defend.

the reason i am single is by choice, not by fear... the post was meant as inspiration for someone who seemed like they were asking for some.

sure, love exists, can you define it? point to it? draw a circle around it? love exists, but it is not the [only] way to happiness, nor is it constant, definable, or still.

-------------------

to the fairy:

someone has been watching a little too much oprah... or dr. phil... or whatever other faux-sentimental GURU is popular this week.

-------------------

i don't watch or subscribe to any of those shows... thank you kindly. but if my beliefs and character (built on my own experiences thus far) coincide with something those people might have said, that doesn't make it any less valid. just 'cause oprah or dr. phil are only interested in selling things doesn't mean there's nothing to be learned there, either. you shouldn't knock people who simply want to better their life and selves.

that's a high fucking horse!

have a good night.

-------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home